Digital Motorized Microscope BX61 Olympus
Instrument Name & Model: Digital Motorized Microscope BX61 Olympus
- Automatic Switching Between Reflected and Transmitted Light
- Automatic Switching Between Brightfield and Darkfield
- Complicated operation procedures can be macro-programmed to special function keys on the PC keyboard. This makes it possible to recall/reproduce specific observation conditions at the touch of a single button.
- AnalySIS Software enables a range of microscope operations to be performed via PC
HIGH QUALITY CCD CAMERA
- Resolution (pixels):2080 x 1544 pixels (3.3 megapixelx)
IMAGE ANALYSIS SOFTWARE
- Software : AnalySIS FIVE Imager + Grains Extended
- Grain Sizing – Intercept Method
- Grain Sizing – Planimetric Method
- Various metallurgical samples, etc.
- mirror surface specimens, including wafer.
- metallurgical structures (i.e., growth pattern of graphite on nodular casting iron)
- LCDs and semiconductor materials.
DIFFERENTIAL INTERFERENCE CONTRAST (DIC)
- examining specimens with very minute height differences including;
• metallurgical structure
• magnetic heads
• hard-disk media
• polished wafer surfaces
Location: Microscope Room (G045)
ELECTRON MICROSCOPY LAB
Universiti Sains Malaysia
14300 Nibong Tebal, Penang, Malaysia