Inductively Coupled Plasma Mass Spectrometer (Perkin Elmer ICPMS Nexion 300)
Instrument Name & Model: Inductively Coupled Plasma Mass Spectrometer (Perkin Elmer ICPMS Nexion 300)
• The award-winning Triple-Quad ICP-MS NexION 300 offers both simplicity and convenience of a Triple Cone Interface, Triple-Quad MS include (Q1) Quadrupole Ion Deflector, (Q2) Quadrupole Universal Cell Technology and (Q3) Quadrupole Mass Filter with fastest-scanning quadrupole rate of 5000 amu/sec in recent revolutionary technology advancement.
• Triple cone interface. The sampler cone, skimmer orifice and the third hyper-skimmer cone shall be 1.0 mm. It produces tightly focused ion beam, filter complex matrix, un-ionized material and neutrals to reduce maintenance.
• Triple Quadrupole ICPMS shall have Q1, Q2, Q3 :
i. Quadrupole Ion Deflector (Q1)
ii. Quadrupole Universal Cell Technology (Q2) with standard mode, collision and reaction mode
iii. Quadrupole Mass Spectrometer (Q3)
• QUADRUPOLE MASS SPECTROMETER (Q3) - binary gold-metallized ceramic rods, combined with ceramic mounting collars, ensure that the coefficient of thermal expansion is completely matched, guaranteeing rigid structural integrity along the entire length of the rod for :
* exceptional mass calibration stability
* Wide mass range of 1 to 285 amu
* Fast scanning quadrupole of at least 5000 amu/sec
* Slew rate of up to 1,600,000 amu/sec
* Dynamic range of over 10 orders of magnitude
• Food Safety Compliance for elements : As, Pb, Sn, Hg, Cd, Sb,
• Drinking Water under Food Act : Al, As, Cd, Cr, Cu, Fe, Pb, Mg, Mn, Hg, Se, Ag, Na,
• Food Nutrient Supplement Act : Zn, Fe, Mg,Ca
• Pharmaceutical Act for Natural Product : As, Pb, Cd, Hg , Cu
• Additional : capable to perform methyl mercury species, organo arsenic and inorganic analysis, Cr3+, Cr6+ species determination, organo tin and inorganic tin species determination.
Location: Elementary Spectroscopy Room (F030)
Universiti Sains Malaysia
14300 Nibong Tebal, Penang, Malaysia