Zeiss LSM 700 MAT with Axio Imager.Z2 Vario Confocal Laser Microscope
Instrument Name & Model: Zeiss LSM 700 MAT with Axio Imager.Z2 Vario Confocal Laser Microscope for Materials Science
- Zeiss unique contrast scanning module system which utilize the advanced (calibrated and linearized) Laser PMT detection with stronger solid-state laser line 405nm class 3b and color CCD camera for 3D image overlay with better laser beam penetration than class 2 laser system.
- Dimension of the stage is 520mm x 400mm with the motorized stage movement of up to 300mm x 300mm. In addition, vacuum wafer holder for 12” wafer are included.
- Zeiss unique Circular DIC is capable of Pseudo 3D in 360° in lateral direction which the images can be overlayed on the quantitative 3D laser confocal image.CDIC provides pseudo 3D for surface morphology or height in excellent contrast, which DIC could not achieve. It provide excellent illumination of different rotation angle in the lateral plane, e.g. if the scratches or morphology is oriented in certain degree, user do no need to rotate the sample but only rotating the CDIC knurl knob.
- 3D topographical studies and analysis are included. Roughness measurement is in accordance to the compliance with ISO25178, EUR 15178N, ASME B46.1.
- Reliable assessment of surface quality :The LSM 700 Confocal Laser Microscope is absolutely ideal for the quality inspection of technical surfaces, e.g. in the tribological analysis of high performance ceramics in the automotive industry or in the precision machining of metal surfaces in the machine and tool-making industry
- Visualization of high aspect ratios without artefacts: In assembly and bonding technology, as well as in micromechanics, structure heights of well over 100 μm are often generated. High aspect ratios and slope angles of nearly 90° (E.G. Solder pad on semiconductor wafer, measurement of height, width and roughness)
- Multifunctional materials: Polymers are being used more and more in different areas of construction materials, e.g. for lightweight designs and biomaterials applications. The advantages of low density and comparatively high toughness are further increased in the field of composite materials, where polymer matrices and high-strength fibers are used. This allows considerable weight savings in the automobile and aerospace industries.
Location: Confocal Laser/Raman/UTM laboratory
ELECTRON MICROSCOPY LAB
Mohd Zharif B. Ahmad Thirmizir
Tel : 04-599 6505 Fax : 04-599 6915
Science and Engineering Research Centre (SERC)
Universiti Sains Malaysia
14300 Nibong Tebal, Penang, Malaysia