SERC is a two-storey building which covers an area of 6,178.23 square meters. Various research laboratories, research equipment rooms with high – end and state-of-the-art research instruments and corporate facilities are available at SERC. Known as the frontier of shared facility and shared services at USM, SERC will give it full potentials to serve and realize the University agenda as a centre that generate and acculturate world class research through the concept of shared facility and shared services.
1. To ensure multi and trans-disciplinary fundamental and applied research executed actively and holistically.
2. To ensure research facilities (laboratories and equipments) usage is optimize which align with the concept of shared facilities and share services.
3. To manage, supervise and monitor research facilities effectively and efficiency.
4. To generate world class research and high impact research journals through state-of-the-art research instruments.
5. To realize University agenda in acculturate shared concept specially in research to increase productivity and reduce cost, and also generating income.
6. To develop and generate competitive, skillful, knowledgeable and productive talent.